A soup for strengthening and toning with herbs. This soup also contains many essential vitamins and minerals in a readily assimilated form.
- 5-7 Sticks Rx. Astragalus (Huang Qi)
- 2 Pieces Rx. Codonopsis (Dang Shen)
- 1 oz. Poria Cocos (Fu Ling)
- 1 oz. Fr. Lycii (Gou Qi Zi)
- 6 sliced Shitake Mushrooms (If dried soak 20 minutes)
- 1 Strip Kombu Seaweed
- 2 Carrots, sliced
- 3 Stalks Celery, sliced
- 1 Zucchini, sliced
- 1 Onion or 2 Leeks, sliced
- 1 Yam or Potato, chopped in cubes
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- Small piece of Ginger, grated
- Optional: parlsey, scallions or miso
Bring to a boil, then simmer for 1/2 hour. Add yam or potatoe for additional 25 minutes. Season with small amount of miso or seasoning of your choice.