I’m a lucky Acupuncturist.
I work with wonderful people every day and I get to hear your stories, celebrate when you get well and watch your families grow up.
I always try to think of ways to improve your health but suddenly it occurred to me—there is one way I haven’t yet helped you.
I haven’t given you a definitive guide to staying healthy.
There are so many things we can do over the course of the day to enhance all aspects of our mental, emotional, & physical health….
In fact, there must be 50 ways to OPTIMIZE WELL-BEING!
The 50 Ways to Optimum Health:
- Spend 20 minutes outdoors every day.
- Limit processed food.
- Take a walk every day.
- Balance your exercise between weight training, aerobics and stretching.
- Listen to music regularly.
- Do a random act of kindness every day.
- Eat at least 2-3 servings of fruits every day.
- Eat locally produced & Organic foods.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep every night.
- Dance regularly.
- Exercise at least 3x/week.
- Journal regularly.
- Throw out personal care products with ingredients from the dirty dozen cosmetic chemicals.
- Connect with your Higher Power every day.
- Spend time with close friends.
- Limit sweets/Avoid Sugar!
- Follow your passion.
- Eat at least 3-4 servings of green vegetables every day.
- Lift with your legs, not with your back.
- Stay hydrated/drink more pure Water.
- Wash your fruits and vegetables, especially if you eat the peel.
- Limit alcohol.
- Have regular family meals where you eat and talk together.
- Wear a fanny pack instead of carrying a purse or keeping a wallet in your pocket.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Eat plenty of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Keep your kidneys warm.
- Spend time with someone you love.
- Eat a healthy breakfast.
- Drink room temperature liquids.
- Follow speed limits.
- Eliminate soda, & all processed foods.
- Eat moderate portions.
- Position your keyboard and monitor so your posture is aligned, with your wrists and head neutral.
- Limit stimulating activities before bed.
- Don’t drink and drive.
- Quit smoking.
- Take deep breaths from your belly several times a day.
- Eat whole grains.
- Practice safe sex.
- Do a big yearly cleanse/Detox and seasonal small ones.
- Go barefoot as often as possible, especially outdoors on grass or in the sand.
- Take a break from the computer and stretch every 45 minutes.
- Spend time in the sun, especially in the winter.
- Limit time wearing high heels.
- Stretch before running.
- Use non-toxic household cleaners.
- Prepare meals with a balance of the 5 flavors: sweet, salty, sour, pungent & bitter.
- Make sure your ladder or stool is steady before climbing onto it.
When I finished this list, I took a look at it and realized that there is one thing you can do that keeps you healthy & balanced —visit me once every season for a well-person tune-up.
With or without Acupuncture, I wish you very good health,
Dr. Mindy Boxer 310. 450. 9711.